My first Game & Watch:
(Image from boneash.oldgame.tw)
The game is simple enough, but it’s still exciting when the falling speed accelerates. It’s easy to game over.
Characteristics of Game & Watch:
The handheld electronics game is small and portable. The display, controls and speaker are all in one unit. Each unit has one game installed.
Not much thinking is required as the setting is fixed and actions are standardized. All you need to do is focus on the screen, and be swiftly with your eyes and hands
The enjoyment is personal and subjective. For kids nowadays, maybe they will find Game & Watch too humdrum and not challenging enough. But when it was the first electronics game that we ever had, it stirred up excitement and fun for the old kids in their childhood.
Developments of Game & Watch:
Same as many commodities, Game & Watch underwent a series of development before meeting its oblivion. From 1980 to 1991, Nintendo released a line of handheld electronic games for Game & Watch. The first game is Ball, released on the 28th of April, 1980. Other than the variety of games, Game & Watch has different versions as well:
Multi Screen (1982–1989)
New Wide Screen (1982–1991)
Super Color (1984)
Micro vs. System (1984)
Crystal Screen (1986)
Mini Classics (1998)
My Random Thoughts:
1) Technology advanced in a staggering speed. My first Game & Watch used to entertain both children and adults tremendously, but now it may only work on the youngest children who are beginners of any electronics game. They may find it boring within a short period of time.
2) Children nowadays have more choices on electronics games, for both hardware and software. Are they happier and more blessed with the more advanced gaming?
3) In the old days, people might enjoy their Game & Watch frequently, but we did not hear over-addictive cases that caused tragedy. Now, we hear fatal cases in relation to electronics games more often, and could be stunned by the details. So, is technology advancement a friend or a fiend to humans?
4) When we buy our children a game, maybe we should give them something more than that at the same time, for example, teaching the children to be self-disciplined so that they can apply self-control to avoid over-addiction and negligence of other important matters.
5) Children nowadays won’t be contented with one game. They keep pressing for more new ones. As it is costly to buy the advanced games, raising a child needs more money than in the past.
Game is made for fun. Play safe and wisely. Let the gaming experience be harmless for all ages, anytime and anywhere.
You will learn more about tragedies and happiness that elicited by electronics games by reading the article below. Exercise self-control for yourself and your kids so that games won’t be hazardous to your life and your beloved ones’.
The Three Most Memorable Aspects of Gaming
Playing electronics games is not the only way to attain fun. Try some good hobbies and have a good time with your family.
Ten Hobbies Beneficial to Kids