Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Movie Postcards

Will you keep collectibles for your favorite movies? If so, you have a lot of choices. My collection focuses on movie postcards. Let me tell you why.

Many movie collectibles are available in the market, such as posters, postcards, trading cards, music CDs, toys, household commodities, school accessories and different promotional items. Animated films and characters got even a wider variety of collectibles. A child's bedroom could be decorated with all Toy Story collectibles from bed sheet to school bag.

Possessing a wide range of collectibles could be fun, but it would be very costly. Waste may incur when one day you find yourself losing interest in a particular movie due to change of taste. Hence, I prefer to be more modest and prudent in my collection, mainly focus on movie postcards due to a couple of benefits.

1)    Easy to attain.
2)    Affordable.
3)    Less inexpensive overall if you can restrict to postcard collection only.
4)    The image kindles good feelings.
5)    Easy to store, display and carry because of its small size and light weight.
6)    Easy cleaning. Apply a poly bag to each postcard to keep it away from dust.
7)    Multiple uses are available as stated in three paragraphs below.

We can use the postcard like a photo and frame it on the wall. Feel free to write your personal notes on the rear side to keep record of your feelings and emotions at a particular moment. It is always amusing to read your own wordings a few years later.

Movie postcards can serve as a big bookmark. You can jot down your heartwarming message and mail the postcard to your beloved. Some people send the postcards back to themselves for the purpose of stamp collection as well.

If one day you have no more interest to a particular movie, you can cash the related postcards for money or trade with someone for other commodities. By the time I die, all postcards can go recycling if nobody wants to keep them.

I took the photo in this article and the corresponding movies are When a Man Loves a Woman, City of Angels, The Professional, Sleepless in Seattle and Titanic.

Do you collect movie postcards? Or focus on some other movie collectibles? Welcome to leave a message sharing the passion of your collection to all of us.

Author’s note:

I love watching movie but I haven’t developed the habit of writing review. I wrote other movie related topics instead.

Five Advantages of Watching Movies in The Cinema

15 Best Movie Songs I Have Ever Heard

Ten Most Handsome Actors in The Movies

Ten Most Beautiful Actresses in The Movies

1 comment:

  1. Cool ! Someone who enjoys collecting movie postcards :) I'm selling off my movie postcard collection. Would you be interested ? If so, you can reach me at ZULJAN82@HOTMAIL.COM

    You can also check out my collection on eBay :)
    http://www.ebay.com.my/sch/ltairman78/m.html?hash=item3377cfa324&item=221053428516&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_207&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

    ReplyDelete