Whoever loves gardening or would like to take it as a hobby, try to use plastic bottles as pots, you will be surprised by the benefits and the effect of this unusual adoption.
Many people would like to take gardening as a hobby, but they don’t have too much money and space to start with. The best they can do is plant potted flowers or plants, and some may have a headache to allot space to place the pots.
Why not start with plastic bottles? Take a look at the list of benefits; you will notice that using plastic bottles can save money and space, allow you to be more environmental friendly and facilitate home decoration.
1) Plastic bottles are easy to get. Soft-drinks, water are sold in this kind of container. If you don’t consume any bottled drinks, you can ask your friends and neighbors to save you some.
2) Come from your own consumption or from others, plastic bottles can be counted as “free”, definitely cheaper than buying a new pot.
3) Most of the plastic bottles are transparent, but there are some brands offering different colors. It can be colorful without your additional painting or decoration.
4) Plastic bottles have different size. You can move the plant from a small bottle to a bigger one easily.
5) The plastic bottles are light than pots, and we can make an opening easily with a cutter. But they are tough enough in bearing heavy weight.
6) When you move the plants from the small bottles to bigger ones, you will have to cut open the plastic bottles. Clean them for they are still qualified for recycling.
7) Bottled plants are wonderful decorative materials. Hanging them individually or in groups as a curtain, either way beautifies your home, and the latter one saves place or even serves as a partition wall.
8) The various shape, size and color options of the plastic bottles, together with the color of flowers and plants are perfect for color matching. You can easily arrange a combination in your delight.
After knowing the benefits, let’s take a look at an actual sample. The two photos were taken in the Hong Kong Flower Show 2014. It is a proof that we can extend the lifespan of the plastic bottles to help us develop our gardening hobby and beautify our home at a lower cost with minimum space taken.
A good hobby is beneficial to one’s life. It is worthy of investing time, money and energy on gardening. Maybe you can become an expert and develop your planting hobby to a profitable business as the article suggested below. Anyway, enjoy yourself.
You may be interested in reading the following article as well: