I took the jellyfish photos at Sea Jelly Spectacular in the Ocean Park Hong Kong. The five photos below are showing the same group named freshwater jellyfish, which are small in size and colorless.
Jellyfish have many different types, living in the ocean worldwide, from the surface to the deep sea. Jellyfish have other interesting facts that are worthy of our knowing.
Interesting facts of Jellyfish:
1) It is one of the world’s most ancient animals, exist at least for 500 million years or even longer, say 700 million years.
2) Sizes vary from a few millimeters to over two meters.
3) Some types can sting; whereas, others cannot.
4) Box jellyfish have deadly poison that can kill a human in 30 seconds.
5) Lifespan varies typically from a few hours to several months. However, there is an unusual type reported. Turritopsis nutricula, another name is the immortal jellyfish, can revert to the polyp stage after becoming sexually mature. This reverting ability can go on non-stop if there is no interruption to the life cycle and hence, the lifespan of the immortal jellyfish is a mystery. Naturally, Turritopsis nutricula becomes an object of study for it may hold the key to human immortality.
b) Visual Factfinder: Natural World published by Bardfield Press.
The earth is being polluted continuously. Some marine creatures are lovely to look at but they may under the threat of mass death. Seal pups are a typical example. Click into the article below to learn more about the tragedy happened so far.
Over 500,000 Seal Pups Drowned to Death
If you have the opportunity to pay a visit to Hong Kong, you may want to see jellyfish in person. There are more things to enjoy from this theme park. Click into the article below to have an idea what the gimmicks are.
Hong Kong Travel Guide: Ocean Park Hong Kong