It is a pain to see my literature books growing old. I searched methods to stop them from turning yellow and in vain. Tips are for slow down only.
The four books in the photo have been in my drawers for over 20 years. They introduced me to the world of literature. The rim and the inner pages are inevitably turned yellow. However, the deterioration does not affect reading and I hope these books can continue to be a companion for the rest of my life. In other words, they still have many years to go before retirement.
As I have said, the tips I found can only help slow down books from turning yellow. Well, it’s better than none.
1. Apply wrap sheets to any new books the soonest.
2. Put the books in PP clear bags and seal tight when they are not read. Keeps books away from oxidation as much as possible.
3. Sandpaper the rim that turned yellow.
4. Keep the books away from sunlight.
5. Store books in cool place.
6. Use silica gel carefully to remove excessive humidity.
The newcomers are supposed to stay away from turning yellow longer because the technology of paper making has been improved as time goes by.
If you have any other ideas to slow down books from turning yellow, please leave a message sharing with us. Thanks in advance.
Some book reviews you may be interested in reading: